Wednesday 18 July 2012

BLEU06 - Details FW12 #1

Summer here in the UK has pretty much been a write off so far. It looks like I we won’t be needing my summer wardrobe after all or am I just being pessimistic? Anyway, with that in mind I thought it would be a great time to re-visit some of my favourite Fall/Winter 12 collections. I’m not going to churn out another review as I’m pretty sure we’ve all seen enough of those. Instead I want to zero in on the tiny details that we don’t always see during the runway shows. This week I’m starting off with arguably one of the most prominent fashion houses of the moment. GIVENCHY.



Forget the minotaur graphic print tops and the stars and stripes that seem to be EVERYWHERE at the moment, one of my personal highlights from the Givenchy Autumn/Winter 2012 collection was a pair of bejewelled brogues. I really loved the contrast of the traditional suit and the camp, over-the-top luxury of the shoes. Each stone was hand set and arranged in alternating sizes, the level of craftsmanship is something that I’ve come to expect from Riccardo Tisci. If I had to walk down a yellow brick road (or any other type of road for that matter!) I’d much rather wear a pair of these bad boys. 


Here’s a quick reminder of the rest of Tisci’s FW 12 collection, what piece(s) were your favourite?  



Images via: HommeModel

No comments:

Post a Comment